Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Rip fence not square with table

wrote in message
oups.com...
Leon wrote:
If you ever cut thick material with a rabbet on the upper side against
the
fence the fence not being square to the table will cause problems if you
use
the fence rule to set its distance from the blade.

Yes, that's what I did. I had some thick stock up against the fence to
cut rabbets in it and that's when I noticed how imperfect it was. I
can take a picture and post in to ABPW. The gap is enough to be seen
with a square flat on the table and up against the fence.

Maybe I'm looking for squareness in something that's not expected to
have it?

No, you should expect to have a fence that is square to the table top.