Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.local.london
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Waking up every day with insect bites on my legs

On 9 Oct 2006 07:50:24 -0700, wrote:

Stuart wrote:
On 9 Oct 2006 06:24:40 -0700,
wrote:

I rent in Central London

I leave the window open (always - for ventilation)

I am 6 floors up.

I have thoroughly cleaned the room. (the entire building itself is VERY
clean and VERY well maintained)

I guess insects must be coming though the window (although I never see
them)

Should I buy some chemicals to nuke everything on the carpet?

Should I put some sort of net around the window?

I take it ,by the fact that you havent't mentioned it,that you don't have a cat
.Has there ever been a cat in the flat ..Flea eggs can rest dormant in carpets
and behind skirtings until CH gets switched on during cooler times and they then
come alive and can bite like buggery .

Stuart .

Stuart,

This sounds like the mostly likely situation.

I took over tenancy of this room in June. I don't have any pets.

Can anyone recommend any UK products/shops? I need to nuke any fleas in
the mattress/carpet etc.

thanks

Yip.....I'd put money on it being cat fleas then .I had cats and ,thank
goodness,rarely had trouble with fleas but they did bite me around the ankle
/lower leg are .I had to treat my cats with some expensive stuff but you do not
have that problem .I also had to buy an aerosol from the vets to treat carpets
beds etc .The stuff you can buy in pet shops is ,imho,useless. What you want is
a stuff called Indorex,made by a company called Virbac .It's not exactly cheap
but it sure works and lasts a while ,altho' it smells awful.

It must be used exactly as instructed .

Also at the same time wash anyhting that you can to get rid of the little
blighters .

http://www.wormers.co.uk/acatalog/Fl...FSUhUgodYnonoA

http://www.flea.ws/cat_fleas.html

Stuart