Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.local.london
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Waking up every day with insect bites on my legs

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
wrote:
Stuart wrote:
On 9 Oct 2006 06:24:40 -0700,
wrote:

I rent in Central London

I leave the window open (always - for ventilation)

I am 6 floors up.

I have thoroughly cleaned the room. (the entire building itself is
VERY clean and VERY well maintained)

I guess insects must be coming though the window (although I never
see them)

Should I buy some chemicals to nuke everything on the carpet?

Should I put some sort of net around the window?

I take it ,by the fact that you havent't mentioned it,that you don't
have a cat .Has there ever been a cat in the flat ..Flea eggs can
rest dormant in carpets and behind skirtings until CH gets switched
on during cooler times and they then come alive and can bite like
buggery .

Stuart .

Stuart,

This sounds like the mostly likely situation.

I took over tenancy of this room in June. I don't have any pets.

Can anyone recommend any UK products/shops? I need to nuke any fleas
in the mattress/carpet etc.

thanks

Acclaim

Go into Poundland if you have one by you and you will find 2or3 cans for a
quid.

Got some 4 cans of american stuff in a spray out of one of those places.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite