Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.local.london
[email protected] michaeld121@hotmail.com is offline

Default Waking up every day with insect bites on my legs

wrote:

This sounds like the mostly likely situation.

I took over tenancy of this room in June. I don't have any pets.

Can anyone recommend any UK products/shops? I need to nuke any fleas in
the mattress/carpet etc.

thanks

Where are you getting the bites? When I moved into a flat a few years
ago I had a problem with fleas and the bites were mostly around ankle
height, which I understand isn't unusual for fleas. The previous owner
had 2 cats and, despite her saying that she'd treated them, there was
still a big problem.

I tried an aerosol treatment from a local vets, but it didn't really
work. In the end I got the local council round (Wandsworth) who
sprayed the flat. They were far, far cheaper than the 'normal'
companies, but I don't think all councils offer this kind of treatment.

I'd guess that it would be very difficult to get the landlord to do
anything - most landlords would just say it was nothing to do with them
& that the flat was handed over clean.

Michael