Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.local.london
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Waking up every day with insect bites on my legs

I rent in Central London

I leave the window open (always - for ventilation)

I am 6 floors up.

I have thoroughly cleaned the room. (the entire building itself is VERY
clean and VERY well maintained)

I guess insects must be coming though the window (although I never see
them)

Should I buy some chemicals to nuke everything on the carpet?

Should I put some sort of net around the window?

Slow release vapona type Insect killers are very effective. Strong
smells also repel most insects, and an old trick is to wipe paraffin
around th window frame, it puts incoming insects off.

NT

The Vapona "block" style insect repellent has been withdrawn, apparent
cancer scare, they were handy for the loft as we get attic flies as we
live near some marshy ground.