Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mgkelson@yahoo.com is offline

Default Tracing Circuit Breaker to Receptacle Outlets

Terry wrote:
On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:49:45 -0500, Mark Lloyd

Understanding binary can save you a lot of work (too often people
would try one breaker at a time, rather than doing it by halves).

I am not sure exactly how this is going to save any time. If you are
standing at the panel listening for the radio, you can switch one at
a time and find it sooner.

What if the breaker was the first one? How would turning half off
save time?

If the breaker is one in the second half then you have already turned
off half the panel using both examples.

Understanding common sense can save you a lot to work too.

It's an either/or situation. If you're not using the extension
cord/radio/vacuum cleaner method and you have to run up and down the
basement stairs, for example, then the search routine makes a lot of
sense. I've used all of the mentioned methods over the years depending
on the situation.