Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Lachance Tom Lachance is offline

Default Propane gas piping

mikekelly wrote:
I am replacing an electric range with a gas range. No nat gas service at
my home so I will be using a freestanding propance tank outdoors about 50'
from the applaince. What material should be used for the propane piping
from tank to range?

As with the other posts, check with your supplier as to local
requirements for accepted material. Bear in mind NFPA requirements for
tank location. Proximity to building openings, ignition sources and
forced ventilation intakes need to be taken into consideration.
Distances from supply to present and possible future appliance(s)also
need to be considered. 50' of 1/2" copper is about the max for a
standard 30" residential range.