Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default Has Biesemeyer gone completely to hell?

"Jane & David" wrote in message
I am unlurking to ask a serious question. Has Biesemeyer gone completely
to hell?

snip

So the question is is Delta making Biesemeyer fences more carefully
than their miter saw tables? I am not interested in doing any more of
the factory's work, and I'm not sure I am capable of tweaking a table
saw fence into good enough alignment. Plus I just don't want to start
bending and twisting on something that expensive.

If Biesemeyer has gone to hell, who makes the best Bies-clone fence
these days? By best I mean strong, straight, square, able to hold
alignment. Maybe General has kept up the Biesemeyer tradition. Anyone
have recent experience with Bies clones?

TIA
PDX David

Remember,

Delta is now a Black & Decker company. I sadly remember that in the 60's,
B&D was the standard. Next the standard was Rockwell and Milwaukee. I like
the Dewalt routers and drills, but . . . . . .

A Delta rep addressed a local woodworking club a few months ago. He said the
Dewalt line would feature tools for the jobsite and Delta would favor the
woodworker. I've bought two Jet tools since then, a bandsaw and a jointer.
:-)