Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Want to move garage door openers off RCD circuit - how to wire?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Can I used a dedicated, non-RCD protected circuit for the garage
doors? The existing sockets are mounted on the rafters adjacent
to the door opening gear so are hardly likely to be used for
'portable equipment out of doors'. Is it OK to have these three
dedicated sockets non-RCD protected even though they're in a
garage? This is the cheapest way to fix the problem, I have
spare circuits on the non-RCD side of the CU.

I'd change them to spur units or use a non 13 amp plug.

For three door openers it'll be cheaper (and certainly easier) simply
to move the garage sockets onto their own RCBO. (Or move the garden
onto a dedicated RCBO circuit).

--
Chris Green