Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Want to move garage door openers off RCD circuit - how to wire?

Andy Hall wrote:

- Several radial circuits with BS1363A outlets are fed from 16A MCBs (RCD side)

That's the way it is at the moment and is what causes the problem.

At one point, I had a freezer in the garage. That was fitted with a
modified BS1363A plug (MK make them with T-shaped earth pin) and had a
dedicated socket and circuit, non-RCD. This prevents portable
equipment being plugged into the non-RCD outlet.

I could do that but it seems a little OTT, especially as the three
sockets in question are out of reach unless you climb a ladder.

Probably the last of these is the least expensive approach, especially
if the garage is joined to the house.

It's not, the CU I'm talking about is entirely separate from the house
CU and feeds only garages and garden.

--
Chris Green