Posted to alt.home.repair
CWLee CWLee is offline

Default Wall Dimmer Switch Anomaly?

"RickR" wrote:

I found a #6643 and a #6641 toggle dimmer which match your

description
closely, but no 6842 or other close variations.

Mystery to me too. I have now taken a magnification glass
and flashlight to the switch, and can confirm that the
number is 6842. It is not printed, but "engraved" or
perhaps stamped onto the metal.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Chuck Lee.

=================

Something a I should have mentioned earlier;
Dimmers are suposed to have an "air gap" off, somewhere

somehow. No
ghost voltages no little glowing lights OFF!

Look for it! If you can't find it, take it back!

RickR

CWLee wrote:
"RickR" wrote

How about a make and model on these guys.

The original boxes have been trashed, but here is what I
find on the switches themselves:

Leviton
6842
Dimmer

(It is possible that the number is 8842; very small

print)

120 VAC
60 HZ
Incandescent use only.

These were purchased from a local Home Depot on 5.30.06,

and
the ID info shown on the receipt, which may also be the

UPC
code, is:

07847769639 CS120 Ivory

Best regards,