Posted to rec.woodworking
Jane & David Jane & David is offline

Default Has Biesemeyer gone completely to hell?

In article RTVVg.110117$R63.8366@pd7urf1no,
"Jim Northey" wrote:

"Jane & David" wrote in message
I am unlurking to ask a serious question. Has Biesemeyer gone completely
to hell?

If Biesemeyer has gone to hell, who makes the best Bies-clone fence
these days? By best I mean strong, straight, square, able to hold
alignment. Maybe General has kept up the Biesemeyer tradition. Anyone
have recent experience with Bies clones?

TIA
PDX David

Try WWW.mulecab.com I had one of the TS fences and was pleased with it.
Takes a little longer to take of and put on but unless your changing 50
times a day....
Jim

Thanks, Jim. The reason I intended to get a Bies is that I've worked in
several shops where they threw full sheets of plywood against their Bies
all day and the things stayed square and straight. But these were older
Biesemeyers and were made well. I seldom abuse my tools (but accidents
happen), and I am impressed by tools that can take it. Will the Mule
keep its alignment after hard use? If so, I'm interested. I've had
other people recommend the Mule, but I don't thiink I've ever seen one
anywhere. And it sounds like you don't use a Mule any more - did it stop
pleasing you? :-)

Thanks, PDX David