Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Review Update: Delta 16" VS Lathe - PM/Jet VFD Info (long)

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 23:27:10 -0400, wrote:

George said:

Why? Used to troubleshoot inside shacks with 100,000 watt transmitters
right next to mine. (of course mine was a Hameg....)

They all look alike to me. Having struggled with the old kind, I sure do
love the recording types!

Almost indispensable for digital work. Problem then becomes keeping
up with the constant need to upgrade to ever increasing sample rates.

Everything has become so intricate and specialized, it seems there is
little room for generalists these days - particularly those with low
thresholds for boredom, a desire for breadth, and an inherent mistrust
of all blustering authority.

I hear ya there. Gotta have a real big toolbox to be a floater in
today's world.