Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^ Derek ^ is offline

Default Need to put a vent in front of back boiler

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 19:12:38 +0100, "John"
wrote:

"Derek ^" wrote in message
.. .
On 7 Oct 2006 05:57:24 -0700, "Alex Flaherty"
wrote:

Back Boilers are now deprecated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecated (just in case). ;-)

So I wouldn't chop any more holes in your living room floor for now.

AIUI CORGI fitters will no longer repair back boilers, and probably
BAXI will no longer supply the parts. Shortly in the future if not

What a load of crap. We've had a Baxi Bermuda 552 for over 10 years. It's
regularly serviced (once a year) by British Gas as part of their 3-star
central heating cover (or whatever it's called now) the latest service
having been done just over a month ago - plenty of parts still available and
no mention whatsoever of having to do away with it.

And I wish you the best of British.

Comments anybody?

DG