Posted to misc.consumers.house
Sandra Loosemore Sandra Loosemore is offline

Default Condo is not good. Can I move out?

"John A. Weeks III" writes:

I find the problem to be very believable. You never have any
idea what you are getting into with multi-unit housing. A place
could look nice and have real problems, or look halfway like a
dump and be real nice. [snip]

I am sure that problems with teenaged vandals and late-night noise are
not peculiar to multi-unit housing, but are problems in some
neighborhoods generally. If you aren't already familiar with the
neighborhood where you are considering buying a home, it pays to do
some research, talk to the neighbors, etc first. Frankly, I don't
have much sympathy for somebody who fails to take into account airport
or highway noise when buying a home, since that ought to be pretty
obvious just by looking at a map.

-Sandra the cynic