Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.environment

Default Automotive emission controls

In article m,
Beloved Leader wrote:
Then presumably has an adjustment for the idle mixture?

Yes, but they're sealed. Federal law and so forth. I mean, no one would
ever know, but to get at the idle mixture adjustment screws, I'd have
to take the carburetor off and drill out the sealing plugs.

On UK cars with this feature (for export to the US, etc) it's much easier
than that to remove the plug.

There are quite a few connections to the carburetor, so its removal is a
major undertaking.

Yup. Other thing to check for if the mixture is 'lean' at idle while
otherwise ok is air leaks round the buttefly spindle bushes. Smear some
grease round the outside for a temporary 'cure'. If the idle speed then
goes to normal you've got the reason.

--
*Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.