Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
The Visitor The Visitor is offline

Default Review Update: Delta 16" VS Lathe - PM/Jet VFD Info (long)

Could that (feedback) be the real problem I had with my controller?

I had to extend the deceleration time so it would work properly.
Otherwise it would trip off and the lathe would coast to a stop rather
than elecytrically brake. The error signal I got was somthing like "line
voltage problem" and when I asked at delta they said I have a main power
problem. Somewhere, I think the book, gave me the idea to adjust the
de-acceleration pot. It never happens with slightly less electric
braking. It is extended maybe 3 or 4 seconds.

John