NokNokMan

Default New Leather Laminate Belt Arrived

I can vouch for single ply leather for a heavy 10"....I've had my
replacement belt from McMaster running for over 2 years. BTW, I skived the
belt on my mill and used WeldWood contact cement as the adhesive.
"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Artemia Salina
says...

The length of material is longer than I need so I'll have to cut it,
and applying the lacing will "damage" the material anyway, so if the
belt is too thick/stiff for use on my lathe (1 1/2 hp motor) I'll have
to eat the $37 I paid for it and buy another thinner/more flexible
plain leather belt.

I replaced my 10L machine's belt with some double ply leather
from mcmaster carr, and I probably should have gone with the
single ply. I think the stuff I had was about 7/32 or so thick
and I actually had to remove the lube chart under the headstock
cover because it was rubbing on the chart.

Next time I will go with single ply!

Jim

please reply to: