Posted to rec.woodworking
Sam Sam is offline

Default Review: Harbor Freight Dust Collector

Wilson wrote:
Best of all would be to exhaust it outside!
Wilson

I bought one of these little vacs about a year ago, and that is EXACTLY
what I did! That bag that comes with it is for the birds. It DEFINITELY
does NOT stop dust. I routed the hoses from the aforementioned hose kit
in such a way that the discharge goes directly out my window into my
basement window well. I used the 12" table saw hood on the output hose
at the window. A piece of cardboard and a couple pieces of duct tape
keep it pretty tight. The input and output screens were left in place.
I pull off the input hose and clean it out when clogged. I keep a
plastic bowl handy for the cleanout. When I use the jointer, the hose
clogs quickly. Perhaps I will try removing the screens as mentioned
above. Without the screens in place, what do you think about the
possibility of damage to the vac from stray nails or large chips?

Best Regards,
Sam