Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Review: Harbor Freight Dust Collector

"Michael Faurot" wrote in message

Snippage

So, with the HF DC on sale for about $90 and the added DC Kit it all
comes to about $133 (with out tax). Normally the DC goes for about
$120. If you've been wanting a small dust collector, this one seems
to do a pretty good job.

[1]:
[2]:

I bought a similar King unit here in Canada a few years ago, although it
wasn't close to $90.

I originally bought it for blowing dust from a renovation job outside
without the crappy little bag. I was impressed with the blow power of this
little unit. But when I put the bag on, the suction dropped to nothing. So I
replaced the bag with one of the huge 5 micron bags from Lee Valley strapped
to the top of a G Can with a gate. I also neutured my blower (took the
stand off) and strapped it to a wooden lid on the top of another G can to
act as a chip collector. The performance increase was astounding and I
rarely have to empty the dust bucket, just the chip bucket.