Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Review: Harbor Freight Dust Collector

Michael Faurot wrote:
I've recently come to the conclusion that my shop-vac just wasn't
doing a good enough job at dust collection. When a Harbor Freight
flyer arrived in the mail recently, I noticed that HF was putting
their 13 Gallon Industrial Portable Dust Collector[1] on sale for
about $90. So I picked up one today to use with my planer, jointer,
and anything else I could connect up.

Just a minor note. This thing is more properly called a "chip collector". It doesn't have enough
airflow to collect finer dust, and any that it does collect will go right through the bag.

It will likely work just fine to collect planer/jointer chips, but it won't protect your lungs at
all. You should still wear a respirator for that.

Chris