Posted to alt.home.repair
DB DB is offline

Default Bamboo vs. Pergo

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"sp628" wrote in message
I am going with hardwood, probably bamboo since it is a renewable
resource unlike mahogany, teak, etc.

Mahogany and teak are renewable, but it just take much longer. Decades
longer

I just purchased some solid bamboo in 5/8" thickness...........HD and
another tool renter says the airtool is only setup for 3/4" flooring.
Doesn't the tool only touch the top of the flooring and not rest on
the existing floor? Can't understand why I need a specific nailer
unless the distance from the top of my new board to the tongue is diff
for 5/8 vs 3/4.

The alternative is a manual nailer but I'd sure like to use air-power
if I can. Any ideas?