GB

Default Dirty folk: third shower proposed!

I have a flat with the hot water cylinder fed by a small water tank at
ceiling level within the flat with a 22mm pipe! Shower was ridiculous, as
virtually no head of water, so I fitted a pump. Dire warnings about the
cylinder running out of water and the pump running dry have so far turned
out to be garbage. No probs at all. I guess that there is only so much water
will flow through a shower head.

HTH

Geoff

"Mungo Henning" wrote in message
Hi Folks,
Now that I've grabbed your attention with that Subject line, let me

explain:

Three levels in my house: loft (attic) unused except for junk, bedrooms in
first floor, main living areas and bathroom on ground floor.

50 gallon cold water tank in loft, feeding a hot water tank
situated on the first floor (feed via 28mm pipe).
Thermostatic shower at ground floor (great shower).

Last year we added a second shower (in the first floor loo) but decided to
install
an electric shower (10.8 Kw) to cope with those times where someone has
had a bath and the hot tank hasn't recovered yet.

Latest brainwave from "her indoors" is to add an en-suite to our master
bedroom,
and whilst I'm installing it, I might as well put in another shower for
convenience (!)

Dilemma: what kind of shower should I install?
Since we already have an electric shower (10.8 Kw), adding another might

be
fun
when accidentally they both get used at the same time (100A consumer

unit).
Since the en-suite will be on the first floor there probably won't be

enough
head
of water for a thermostatic (gravity) shower.

Power shower then (pump the hot and cold)? Would the 28mm feed to the tank
be enough for the pump, or am I still contemplating one of those flanges?

The other part of the equation is the fact that we do have a three-phase
supply
(although we only use one and have one meter). Use another phase for the
new shower alone? Don't think so, but you might know better.

So, whaddya think?

Opinions requested; thanks in advance

Mungo