Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Machine Mart workbenches - anygood?

Peter Ashby wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

That does look flimsey to me and a helluva price for it.
My workbench is an office desk,the type that has a square metal
tubing frame with solid wood draw and table top,bought for 15GBP in
an auction room.

This is the type on ebay
http://tinyurl.co.uk/s49j

One of them would be way too short in height for me, it would do my
back in in no time. My bench is 955mm off the floor, sized by me
holding a plane at a good height and getting the eldest to measure
from floor to plane sole. I can plane hard all day and not feel my
back at all (I did pull my left biceps insertion a couple of months
back though).

Peter

Swings and Roundabouts for each individual. :-)

However a bit of ingenuity will bring the height to the desired comfortable
working level.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite