Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Ashby Peter Ashby is offline

Default Machine Mart workbenches - anygood?

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

That does look flimsey to me and a helluva price for it.
My workbench is an office desk,the type that has a square metal tubing
frame with solid wood draw and table top,bought for 15GBP in an
auction room.

This is the type on ebay
http://tinyurl.co.uk/s49j

One of them would be way too short in height for me, it would do my back
in in no time. My bench is 955mm off the floor, sized by me holding a
plane at a good height and getting the eldest to measure from floor to
plane sole. I can plane hard all day and not feel my back at all (I did
pull my left biceps insertion a couple of months back though).

Peter