Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Machine Mart workbenches - anygood?

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:50:13 +0100, Rob Horton wrote:

|Want to get a work bench for my garage now that it no longer houses a car
|
|Does anyone have any opinion on the work benches from MachineMart such as
|
|http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=040310025
|
|Is it flimsy metal or any good?
|
|Any other reomendations?

I got a flat pack wooden bench from B&Q for about GBP30, a bit flimsy as it
was designed. Screwed and *glued* it together, then screwed and *glued* old
plywood to the sides and back, added a bit of ply to the top, a couple of
doors on the front, and it is now very strong.