Posted to rec.woodworking
Troy Troy is offline

Default BEARS DEN INVADED!!

from the picture I saw and the one that ran across the wall shortly
there after and the webs on the windows, I'd be willing to wager they
are hobo's. I'm going to try to get a good picture of one. ( shutterbug
in me.) Course I could just turn the webcam on and let'r run LOL

Troy

boorite wrote:
Vic Baron wrote:

Since the OP stated they were BIG spiders it would be apparent to anyone
reading BIG that it's neither the Brown Recluse nor the Hobo - both of which
are considered small arachnids.

I would consider that a lot of information.

No, hobo spiders are considered "moderately large" (up to 18mm), and if
I saw them in my house, I would feel justified in typing BIG in all
caps. They are also now the leading cause of serious envenomation in
the northwestern United States. Brown recluse get about 2/3 as large.
Since "BIG" is vague and subjective, I do not consider this "a lot of
information." Even with a specimen in hand, it is usually very
difficult to identify the species. I don't think anyone can confidently
say what these spiders are or aren't, given the OP.