Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.environment
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default [OT] Automotive emission controls

"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
ups.com...

The question is this: is there a Usenet group at which automotive
emission controls are discussed? I am not interested in removing them,
nor do I wish to engage in a rant on the politics of emission controls.
Rather, I am pulling my hair out trying to get my car to pass the
emissions test. I've put in hour after hour, and.... Well, you get the
point.

Carburetor or fuel injection? My old car had a carburetor and a mechanic
showed me how to pull one tube off it so it would pass every time (bled air
into the mixture). I'd just pull the tube, run it through, get a pass, stick
the tube back on and be good for another year.

IMO most all of the older cars going through are rigged to pass. My newer
car has fuel injection so no problem now.