Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Jim Hall Jim Hall is offline

Default wood topped glass table

Ha.. Would have no problem in the states filling one up in no time with
pennies. There about as close to worthless as you can get. Many people
won't even bend over to pick them up if they drop one. I heard they cost
more to make than they're worth. Kind of a nuisance in your pocket. I'm
always looking to get rid of them, guess I need to find me one of those
green jugs.. grin Well ok, then.. Maybe there's something else in Nova
Scotia that's small, collectable and easy to find.. Sea shells..?

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Jim
In Canada our coins go up to $2.00 each. That would be an expensive

bottle.

______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"Jim Hall" wrote in message
Fingers and brain disconnect on previous post.. Sorry

If that were mine. Darrell, I'd be really tempted to take out my router

and
cut a not to conspicuous narrow slot in the center of the table and use

jar
as a giant coin bank.

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
I was asked to put a wood table top on a large glass jar. This is a

neat
trick, or at least it was for me. If you are interested the steps are

over
at
http://aroundthewoods.com/bottletable.html

______