Posted to rec.woodworking
Troy Troy is offline

Default BEARS DEN INVADED!!

Hedge apple is the "fruit" of the Osage Orange tree. Why they call it
an apple when it comes from an "orange" tree is beyond me. It looks
alot like a cross between a puffer fish and an apple. It is a green
sphere with pointed spikes ( soft normally) radiating from it. I've
seen them all over the place in kansas, and its very common there to
fill a 5 gallon bucket once/yr or so with them and just set it in the
corner. Just like Misqoutoes don't like eucalyptus spiders HATE hedge
apples. I have no idea why but it is strong enough that it will keep
several stories of rooms clear. I had forgotten about that till morris
wrote it.

Thanks for reminding me... Now just to find them.

Troy

Dave Bugg wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:

I put a hedge apple in each corner of the shop.

Which is???