Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default Rob offers his apologies.

Leon wrote:
"Michael Daly" wrote in message

Torture is torture. Once you throw out the Geneva convention, you have
lost any moral authority and you are no better than the scum you're
combating. If you cease to remain civilized, the terrorists have won.

So shooting them is OK?

Depending on whom you mean by "them", in battle, sure. Shooting
them is OK, same as shooting uniformed soldiers. If they surrender
or are captured alive, they become protected persons. It's still OK
to shoot them, or to execute them in any other 'humane' way, so
long as they have been duly convicted of capital offenses.

We should do to others as others have done to us. We can crawl into the
cutter with them if that is what it takes to win the war. If the enemy does
not follow the rules and we do, we cannot win.

False. Not only can we win without abandoning our principles, we
cannot win if we do.

Abandonment of our principles is suicide.

--

FF