Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveC SteveC is offline

Default Tap/ Shower Mixer - Stuck on shower

Hi

I have a tap/shower mixer on our bath. Recently we turned off the water
to the house at the stop cock to solve an leak elsewhere in the house.
Since turning the water back on, (although it may just be
coincidence!), the mixer is stuck on shower mode.

The mixer is controlled by a 'collar' to which the shower hose
attaches, a 'ring' attached around this collar is usually depressed to
switch between shower and tap mode. Depressing the collar has no effect
and water will only now flow from the shower. I can't see an obvious
way to detach the collar to get to the workings of the tap.

Another thought is that if a tap was turned on when the water was off
then the lack of pressure may have caused the tap to default to shower
mode for some reason and can't not get back to tap mode.

Anyone any thoughts on how to resolve without replacing/ removing the
tap?

Cheers