Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Reducing refrigerator noise?

wrote:
My bedroom happens to be on the other side of the kitchen, where the
refrigerator is located. The refrigerator is enclosed by cabinets,
with some extra space on the top.. The refrigerator is new, but at
night the noise can still be heard in the bedroom.

I am thinking about putting some kind of foam material to the wall in
the kitchen where the refrigerator is located. There's enough
clearance for a few inches of padding for sure.

Does anyone know where I can buy such things? I know I can get some
kind of adhesive sound reducing foam padding for computer cases, but
they are generally pretty expensive..

Thanks!

Raymond

Maybe the sound is being transmitted to the floor and not emanating
from the refrigerator case. If so, some simple rubber pads under the
four leveling feet should dramatically cut down the racket.
Additionally, you might check the compressor to see if it has shifted
on its mounts and might be involved in the noise making problem. HTH

Joe