Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default [OT] Automotive emission controls

"Beloved Leader" wrote in
ups.com:

I apoligize for the OT post, but I guess that many people at
sci.electronics.repair work not only on electronic things but
mechanical things as well. The connection to sci.environment should be
evident.

The question is this: is there a Usenet group at which automotive
emission controls are discussed? I am not interested in removing them,
nor do I wish to engage in a rant on the politics of emission controls.
Rather, I am pulling my hair out trying to get my car to pass the
emissions test. I've put in hour after hour, and.... Well, you get the
point.

Surely there is a group devoted to this. Thanks for the help.

Check the specific newsgroup for your brand of car.
(which you didn't mention)
alt.autos.xxxxx

Alt.autos.honda is great for Honda/Acura. I hear the Toyota NG is good,too.
You would be surprised at the knowledge you can find on those newsgroups.
Quirky problems turn out to be common,and someone likely has a fix for it.

If your car is 1994 or later,the electronics stores codes relating to your
engine problems,Autozone will read the codes for you at no charge,I've
heard.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik