Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
DGG DGG is offline

Default Review Update: Delta 16" VS Lathe - PM/Jet VFD Info (long)

Troy said:

mechanical? No, my speed is both electronically and mechanically variable.
I set the initial pulley size and then a pot controls the speed within
the set range from there.

OK - I didn't bother to look up your model number, but I believe that
Jet Variable Frequency Drive units have model numbers ending with EVS.
The DC motor versions, like the VS mini lathe do NOT use this VFD.

Now that I think about it, that is the lathe that I replaced with the
Delta. Totally different animals. The 1014 uses a DC motor and PWM
driver. The VFD controllers cost more than an entire Jet mini. ;-)

My bad...