Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Troy Troy is offline

Default Review Update: Delta 16" VS Lathe - PM/Jet VFD Info (long)

mechanical? No, my speed is both electronically and mechanically variable.
I set the initial pulley size and then a pot controls the speed within
the set range from there.

Troy

DGG wrote:
Troy said:

No, we are discussing the VFD - the electronic speed control module.
The same electronic controller is used on the Delta/PM/Jet lathes.
This doesn't apply to reeves drive lathes at all, and I believe yours
uses a mechanical speed control system.

Well, they sort of all do this. It's a long story...

Welcome to the new millennium. ;-)