Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
DGG DGG is offline

Default Review Update: Delta 16" VS Lathe - PM/Jet VFD Info (long)

Troy said:

Let me get this straight because I just bought a jet 1014VS and drove
all the way to Minnesota to get it.
your saying that delta and jet products are from the same factory?

No, we are discussing the VFD - the electronic speed control module.
The same electronic controller is used on the Delta/PM/Jet lathes.
This doesn't apply to reeves drive lathes at all, and I believe yours
uses a mechanical speed control system.

So WMH is simply a company who puts their names on other peoples stuff?

Well, they sort of all do this. It's a long story...

I also have had problems with the quality of my 1014 out of the box, but
its been remedied. But it wasn't up to what I was told it would be
initially.
I'd give their customer service a 7.

Welcome to the new millennium. ;-)