Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Rob offers his apologies.

Leon wrote:
"Michael Daly" wrote in message

Torture is torture. Once you throw out the Geneva convention, you have
lost any moral authority and you are no better than the scum you're
combating. If you cease to remain civilized, the terrorists have won.

So shooting them is OK?
We should do to others as others have done to us. We can crawl into the
cutter with them if that is what it takes to win the war. If the enemy does
not follow the rules and we do, we cannot win.
War is war.

War is war, I agree.
A few years back, a few Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon and held
as hostages. The Americans went into 'negotiations-mode'. A few days
later, a couple of Russians were kidnapped with the result that the
brothers of the kidnappers were shot and dropped off in front of the
house where they lived. The Russian hostages were set free immediatly.
It showed resolve and good intelligence.
Put another way: "You can't bring a knife to a gun fight." (Daneliuk
will likely misconstrue this as my liking the Russians more than the
Americans, so be it.)

When they found Hussein, there should have been a picture, similar to
the execution of the Saigon police chief.

What is up for debate is the reason for this war.
One does fight fire by removing fuel, heat or oxygen.