Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Wind turbines - can be DIY made?

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:05:03 +0100 (BST) someone who may be "Dave
Liquorice" wrote this:-

As I see it wind is not really the way to go. To get sensible outputs you
have to have huge devices(*) that on average only generate 1/3 to 1/4 of
their rated output over a year.

The uninformed might believe your statement indicates that there is
something different about wind turbines. However, it is a fact that
all forms of electricity generation do not produce 100% of their
rated output over a year.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh