Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default skylight/rooflight

There is no reason it should leak. Roof vents, chimneys, ect are not a great
source of problems, why should a skylight be any different? I would
definitely recommend professional installation though.

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

I've had skylights in my roof for over 15 years, with never a single leak.
Something is very wrong with your installation and the installations in

your
neighborhood. I live in the northeast where we get a lot of snow and our
roof systems go through quite a bit. I know lots of folks with skylights
and leaks are just not common on a properly installed skylight.

--

-Mike-