Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default OT: Rob offers his apologies.

Robatoy wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
[proganda/drivel snipped]
We don't care what other nations think because we don't have to. When we
have to care, we will. But beware. The general goodwill and kindness
that are the instinct of the American people is stretched pretty thin
right now. After generations of picking up the military and humanitarian
tab for a good part of the rest of the world, we're tired of listening
to foolish, ill-mannered, and ignorant whining like yours. The last
thing most of the rest of the world can afford is for the US to back
away from the world stage and become entirely defensive in its military
and economic posture. But that sentiment is running stronger and
stronger in American culture as people watch their tax dollars evaporate
and the blood of their children spilled only to hear some haughty
European, Canadian, Aussie, or Kiwi lecture us about our bad behaviour.
Be careful what you ask, for you shall surely get it ....

Nicely said. The benevolent nature of KBR/Haliburton, Bechtel and such,
really tugs at my heartstrings. The world is a better place since
Cheney left Haliburton and became VP.
The Carlisle Group and their defense portfolio, clearly shows their
effort in promoting peace.

I wish it were possible to remove the benefit of having these companies
from all but the USA. You'd be squealing a different tune if your
nation actually had to pay for the vast bulk of its defense. Don't
kid yourself, Canada, and for that matter, most of the Anglosphere
enjoys its durable peace and freedom because the US has picked up the
lion's share of the costs. That means US *companies* get the contract
work necessary to do that work. Oh, and by the way, the contract to
Haliburton was let by the *Clinton* (aka gasbag lefties) administration
long before Cheney became VP.

You are also a raging hypocrite. Haliburton has a market capitalization
of about $28 Billion - they are Big Eeeevil Corporation according to
your screwball logic. Home Depot - whose products you proudly buy -
has a market capitalization of about $77 Billion - not quite 3x the
size of Haliburton. Yet HD is *not* Eeeeevil in your book somehow.
One the one hand you implicitly argue that wealth buys power and access.
On the other, you do business with a company with multiples of the
wealth you condemn. Your position is hypocritical, laughable, and childish.

Business has NO influence on politics, war decisions, and polution. Big
business simply does not exist.
For a guy (I am assuming) who has such a wonderful command of the
English language, you sure talk a lot of ****. Eloquent ****, but ****
nevertheless. (I am using a bit of your tactic here, attacking the
person rather than the issues.)

I you find my prose hard to understand or the words too big, let me know
and I'll slide down the literacy scale sufficiently to meet you.
You still have not addressed a single point in the post to which
you are responding. Let me summarize:

1) The US debt is significant but not remotely dangerous.
2) Most of the US debt is driven by domestic and international
handouts that should be curtailed immediately.
3) Most of the free world owes its ongoing security to the fact
that the US is willing to become indebted to defend European
and other Anglo interests around the world (not to mention Japan).
4) The Anglosphere and Western Europe are in a death spiral of declining
populations. In Western Europe, the Islamists are already filling in
the gaps.
5) The US does not - at this time - need to care much about what the
rest of the world things because the US is doing most of the heavy
lifting. The Islamification of Europe and the irrelevancy of most
of the rest of the Anglosphere (by sheer lack of population) means
that the US has to act now to be positioned for the world 40 years
from now. Denying Islamist extremists nuclear weapons and a free hand
around the world is one such steps. There are more to follow.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/