Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default skylight/rooflight

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...

oilyboy wrote:
I want to construct a skylight/rooflight for a flat roof. I wonder if
anyone has a plan/drawing for one.
Thanks

No offense, but this isn't a good project for an amatuer. One of the
houses I lived in had 3 skylights installed by professionals.
Eventually, they all leaked (as did most of them in the neighborhood).
They appeared to be installed correctly, but over the years developed
leaks.

I've had skylights in my roof for over 15 years, with never a single leak.
Something is very wrong with your installation and the installations in your
neighborhood. I live in the northeast where we get a lot of snow and our
roof systems go through quite a bit. I know lots of folks with skylights
and leaks are just not common on a properly installed skylight.

--

-Mike-