Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default skylight/rooflight

oilyboy wrote:
I want to construct a skylight/rooflight for a flat roof. I wonder if
anyone has a plan/drawing for one.
Thanks

No offense, but this isn't a good project for an amatuer. One of the
houses I lived in had 3 skylights installed by professionals.
Eventually, they all leaked (as did most of them in the neighborhood).
They appeared to be installed correctly, but over the years developed
leaks.

Every neighbor I knew of in the development had a similiar problem.

If you want more light in the room, how about adding an overhead light
with nice full spectrum daylight bulbs?

Yes, I'm biased, but I would never want another house with a skylight
again. Going up on the roof in December (and risking life) to tear it
out a reshingle that part of the roof so it doesn't leak gets old.

I imagine it would be even more difficult on a flat roof.