Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default OT: Rob offers his apologies.

Michael Daly wrote:
Locutus wrote:

Maybe you should get a grip and realize that most Americans don't give
a flying **** what the rest of the world thinks.

Exactly what's wrong with the yanks today.

Having not always been a "yank", as an immigrant to the US, I'd say that
this is exactly what's *right* about us. We have not capitulated to
the self-destructive ideologies that are ruining Continental Europe
and a good part of the Anglosphere.

You represent less than 5% of the world's population and your share is
shrinking. You are in debt to your eyeballs and the subsidy of US debt
by countries like China and India is considered the "greatest foreign

And our wealth is growing in the face of this. Like so many people, you
have puerile understanding of national debt. Yes, the US has large debt
- it's analogous to the guy who owns a rare Ferrari worth $1M, still
owes $100,000 on the note, and is getting a 5% pay raise every year. The
US GDP annualy cranks out $12 Trillion or so in net value. The
long-running debt is a fraction of that. Some considerable portion of
this could be eliminated almost instantly if we forced everyone who owed
us money to pay up AND quit fighting other people's wars. Note, for
example, that the US could easily operate without Arabic oil. If the US
just walked away from the Arab Penninsula and left it to its own slimy
tribal tendencies, guess who would get hurt? Western Europe & Japan
whose economies depend fundamentally on Arab oil.

Much of the US national debt is also driven by idiot do-gooding programs
that attempt to save people from their own stupidity. Over 50% of the
annual US Federal budget is consumed by so-called entitlement programs.
So ... by eliminating do-gooding both domestically and abroad, the US
could very rapidly eliminate its debt and become beholden to no one. If
that is what you're arguing for, I wholly concur.

aid program in history" (The Economist, Sept 16, 2006). You refuse to
honour trade deals and international law. Your reputation is everything
and in this world and you don't give a damn about it.

Your loss. I hope your kids and grandkids will forgive you.

Mike

They may or many not have anything to "forgive", but at least we'll
*have* grandkids. The current birth replacement rates in Western Europe,
Australia, Canada, & New Zealand are so low, that starting in about
20 years, the rest of the democratic West is going to cease to exist as
we know it. Spain will go first (at current rates) with such a low
population growth number that it should be Islamified fully in about
20-25 years. France, Italy, and Germany are next - again with the
replacement babies coming from the Islamic immigrants if current trends
prevail. Canada, Australia, and NZ have the same demographic problem,
but with a less obvious Islamic invasion to fill the gap. More likely
they will simply continue to diminish in importance or influence on the
world stage as fewer and fewer people remain to populate their nations.
The US is alone among Western powers with an almost perfect birth
replacement rate. That's because we encourage immigration and, more
importantly, people still really want to come here to live, work, and
raise their families. You know, the place that has all these problems
you've tried (very poorly) to identify.

We don't care what other nations think because we don't have to. When we
have to care, we will. But beware. The general goodwill and kindness
that are the instinct of the American people is stretched pretty thin
right now. After generations of picking up the military and humanitarian
tab for a good part of the rest of the world, we're tired of listening
to foolish, ill-mannered, and ignorant whining like yours. The last
thing most of the rest of the world can afford is for the US to back
away from the world stage and become entirely defensive in its military
and economic posture. But that sentiment is running stronger and
stronger in American culture as people watch their tax dollars evaporate
and the blood of their children spilled only to hear some haughty
European, Canadian, Aussie, or Kiwi lecture us about our bad behavior.
Be careful what you ask, for you shall surely get it ....

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/