Posted to alt.home.repair
OldRoads OldRoads is offline

Default Riyobi weed whacker

I know a few people who've used those Ryobi 2-cycle weed whacker
engines on their bicycles to create an inexpensive motorized bike.
They are notorious for being very sensitive to the correct oil/gas
mixture. But when they run, they run!

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

On 03 Oct 2006 15:01:48 GMT, "badgolferman"
wrote:

I have no problem with mine other than trying to install string. Do
you use the choke system? This is what I do:
1. Prime engine by pushing bulb 3-4 times
2. Close choke and pull starter until you feel it trying to start.
3. Put choke in half open position and start.
4. Open choke completely after ~1 minute of operation.

So far this trimmer has been reliable for me after 8 years of use.

Same here and I am not even very careful with the gas, I leave it in
the machine etc.
This is my second one tho. The original one wouldn't start worth a
lick and I swapped it out at Lowes. The guy there couldn't start it
either and he just gave me another one.