Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] i_never_shake_stuff@yahoo.com is offline

Default Washer - Whirlpool vs Kenmore

aspasia wrote:
I have to get a new washer. Don't want fancy bells & whistles, just a
washer that does its job; won't crash tomorrow. I don't need extra
capcity.

I looked at a Whirlpool at Sears that I liked, but it's not on special
any more. Salesperson said Kenmore is made by Whirlpool and is on
special.

Questions:

1. If it's made by Whirlpool, why sell it under Sears Kenmore name?

2. Is there a difference in quality between W. and K.?

Whirlpool ranks a tad better according to CR...but it depends on the
model.

3. Sorry I don't have a model number, but the Whirlpool I was
looking at is about $395.

After spending ages on-line trying to get comparative info, I'm more
confused than ever.

Any voice-of-experience/repair professional advice out there?

Tx

Aspasia