Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default Washer - Whirlpool vs Kenmore

maytag does ammana also.

Empresser #124457

The best Games

Tim Fischer wrote:
aspasia wrote in message

1. If it's made by Whirlpool, why sell it under Sears Kenmore name?

I don't claim to understand maketing, but each appliance vendor has lots of
different names. Maytag also does JenAir and Magic Chef. GE does Hotpoint
and Monogram. Whirlpool does KitchenAid. Electrolux does Fridgidaire,
Kelvinator, and White Westinghouse.

At one point in their life, Sears only sold stuff branded as Sears. In the
last few decades, they now sell most brands, but some of their brands
remain, including Kenmore appliances, which have gained a reputation for
being a good value and reliable. (sort of like their Craftsman hand tools).

2. Is there a difference in quality between W. and K.?

Maybe, but like I said above, Kenmore is considered to be very reliable (as
is Whirlpool, who makes most their stuff).

Any voice-of-experience/repair professional advice out there?

I'm generally not a Sears fan, but do like Kenmore. I've owned quite a few
different ones and they've given me no trouble.

-Tim