Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default electrical panel upgrade

a 200 amp service is pretty standard in michigan for new construction,
when we buolt our last house it cost about $1000 for the electric
company to come out to our house, trench out, sink the conduit and
cables from the source and install the 200amp box and meters. as we
waited until the basement was poured, we didn't need to get a temporary
service, so this is all we paid. not sure where you are but for
something like this you may want to call the utility for a price.

Empresser #124457

The best Games

dkhedmo wrote:
Me again, with the 50's ranch-on-a-slab. Electric panel needs an upgrade
and my plumber (the one who put in the pump and plumbing through the
attic) recommended an electrician who has come back with an excellent
price. He listed two options/prices: a 100 amp 20 circuit panel for
$965, or a 150 amp 30 circuit panel for $130 more.

We are currently running the basic household appliances, gas where
applicable. One tv, one computer and occasional laptop, misc. audio,
telephone, small stuff. Above ground pool. No AC right now, assume we'll
add that eventually. One or two window units until then.

Which way should we go?

-Karen-