Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark Jerde Mark Jerde is offline

Default Cheap Table saw question

Let me do a computer analogy here if I may. I work with computers by
trade, and am experienced enough that I've been building my own from
used parts for several years now. But when someone asks me what to
buy, I tell them they should spend $300 or $2000. $300 will take care
of a casual user, internet, email, Office, etc without paying for
capacity they will never use. $2000 will satisfy a power user - 3D
online games, graphical design, etc.

I guess I'm a step or two up from a power user then. ;-) I'm a software
developer and my year old Dell "workstation" bogs down trying to run 2
copies of Visual Studio and virtual machines. (Yes, the VMs are on a
separate disk.)

The higher end of these ought to run pretty good. ;-)
http://www.digitaltigers.com/stratosphere-elite.php

I'd trade my current 7-monitor setup, a mixture of CRTs & LCDs, for one of
these.
http://www.digitaltigers.com/zenview...-ultrahd.shtml

-- Mark