Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Uses for 1/4 hp furnace blower motor

Leuf (in ) said:

| As a side note to Morris, I remembered I have some 3" diameter MDF
| half round that I had gotten for a project and then gone in another
| direction. Though I think it would be rather difficult to run a
| groove perfectly in the center of each half with a core box bit for
| the shaft, and then the jig I'd have to build to hold the half round
| to even attempt it. So back to the 15 discs I go, but for a second
| there it looked like it was going to be easy

All you'd need to hold the half-round would be a long V-block, deep
enough that you could use wooden hold-downs (fastened with countersunk
flat head screws) along the edges. Set your router fence carefully -
then sand to perfectly round once mounted in the machine. If you're
really careful with the router fence, you shouldn't lose more than
1/64 or so of drum...

| And of course just as I start gettng serious about my narrow drum
| sander because I never do anything wide I have a repeat client come
| back asking if I can do a chest with a ~22" wide glueup required for
| the top. Of course.

Of course. Time now to order a double-belted 48" sander? :-D

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar